The report highlights consumer’s perspective on growing e-commerce market
WATConsult, India’s leading and most awarded digital and social media agency from Dentsu Aegis Network, has launched its latest report highlighting the changing consumer behaviour and their perspective on the current e-commerce market in India.
This report is the fourth launch from their property WATInsights, under its market research division, Recogn and agency’s e-commerce division, eCommencify.
The report describes the buying behaviour across various merchant categories, like E-tail, Cab Booking, Travel, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Food and Beverages, Healthcare, Electronics, Home Décor and Fitness. It further highlights the digital transactions and spends made by customers online, thus interpreting their e-commerce usage.
Below are key findings of the report:
- While a majority of E-commerce consumers fall under the age group of 25 – 36 years, the highest ‘spenders’ are the consumers above the age of 37 years
- The merchant categories, Cab Booking and Travel, have the highest average monthly transactions
- Transaction behaviour of loyal consumers is based on their habits and deals, while that of switcher consumers is based on the need and demand
- The upswing in internet penetration in small towns has changed the demographics and the nature of the consumer behaviour in the E-commerce industry
- Merchant categories, Travel, Electronics and Fitness, have the highest daily expenditure followed by E-tail, Lifestyle and Home Decor categories
Speaking on the same, Rajiv Dingra, Founder and CEO, WATConsult said, “The E-commerce industry in India has been growing rapidly. It has been directly impacting the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) by means of technology and has also got favourable effects on other industries. It is playing a vital role in bridging the gap between consumers residing in Tier-I, Tier-II cities and is helping premium brands increase their presence in semi urban areas where they have no retail outlets. With this report, we are offering the industry the consumer insights and behavioural trends on various habits while shopping online.”
The report can be viewed on – http://recogn.in/watinsights/ecommerce.php