Pitch CMO summit 2018 Delhi chapter, took place on Thursday at The Leela, Gurugram. Top brands like Onida, Paytm, VIP Industries, Aditya Birla Capital, Bacardi, Pepsico etc marked their eminent presence and enlightened the audiences with helpful insights on marketing and advertising.
In an insightful session on ‘Listening to Your Customer: An Art? Or A Science?’, Ajay Kakar, Chief Marketing Officer, Aditya Birla Capital said, ‘ I think it is about hearing your customer, which is an art and also a science. The key however is to also hear what the customer is not saying.’
Here are the few key takeaways from his session:-
- Caring and listening to customer is an art.
- We should also hear what the customer is not saying.
- Neither listening nor hearing is as important as knowing about what to do with the insights that you have heard.
- For a marketer the best way to a man’s wallet is through his heart.
- When you talk about life, people are bound to talk about money, that’s where we come in. Deep conversations are a way of life.
- It’s not about the work that you do but it’s the work that exists in the market place and that’s why the customer is not only a start but he is also the end.