Snapchat has launched Snappables!
Snappables— new Lenses for sharing experiences and playing augmented reality games with your friends! You can control Snappables using touch, motion, and even facial expressions.
- Now there’s a whole new way to share experiences with friends on Snapchat — Snappables!
- Snappables are a new form of interactive Lenses through which Snapchatters can share experiences and play together in AR…anytime, anywhere.
- These experiences will live right in Snapchat’s Lens Carousel, but this time to the left side of the circular capture button. (World and face Lenses today are to the right.
- To get started, just tap on a Lens icon and then follow the on-screen directions. Some Snappables invite you to jump into another world together and then invite your friends to join in. Ever wonder what it would be like if you and your friends started a rock band or a dance party in the middle of the day? Now you’ll know
- Other Snappables are more game-like. These Snappables are activated by your facial expressions and movements. Score big fighting aliens or pumping iron at the gym, and then send your Snap to a friend so they can play along. When you’re having fun with friends – doesn’t everyone win?
- Snappables will begin rolling out to Snapchatters globally this week on iOS and Android. New Snappables will appear in the carousel dynamically, just like other Lenses today.
Finally, we see Snappables as just the very beginning of a new type of AR experience on Snapchat. Up until today, Lenses have been about transforming your look or the world around you through content. Snappables are the first shared AR experiences on Snapchat. Snappables invite you to become a part of another world and then share that world with your friends.