WATConsult, India’s most awarded digital and social media agency, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network, has launched its latest report on consumer perception and effectiveness of mobile advertising. This report is their third launch from their latest property WATInsights, under its market research division, Recogn.
The report highlights various aspects of Mobile Advertising like perception towards mobile ads, preferred ad format by end users, consumer preferences and concerns along with the effectiveness formula which works in mobile advertising.
Below are key findings of the report:
• Mobile ads are perceived to be more useful but less engaging versus desktop ads which are perceived to be more engaging
• Smartphones screens are the most viewed devices for mobile ads, with 75% of the respondents using smartphone, followed by 42% who use laptops
• 4G is the most used data connection followed by 3G and WiFi
• Mobile devices are maximum used for accessing social networks and e-mails, followed by usage of wallets, watching videos or shows and online shopping
• 48% of the respondents prefer social media ads, followed by video ads, e-mail ads and search ads when it comes to mobile ad formats
• Ad categories such as clothing & footwear, electronic products, books, movies/music/games are highly ‘clicked and purchased’; whereas, jewellery, pharmaceutical products and insurance products ads do not get clicked much
Overall, the report deduces that majority of the respondents found mobile ads to be intrusive and irrelevant and they feared breach of privacy.
Speaking on the same, Rajiv Dingra, Founder and CEO, WATConsult said, “India is going through a phase of rapid explosion in web content and internet technology and people are beginning to acknowledge the convenience internet provides today. After the roll-out of 4G, the usage has only increased at a dizzying pace. With ad spends on mobile expected to grow at a rate of 59% CAGR by 2020, our research is an attempt to put forward the consumer’s point of view about mobile ads, thus helping marketers plan better campaigns.”